social media manager / strategist
Social Media Manager / Strategist
Location: Dallas, Texas
Employment Opportunity: Freelancer-to-Hire / Part-Time Contract-to-Hire
ZerModus is a Dallas-based startup, founded by a former debutante/marketing executive who joined forces with a platinum recording artist to design tools and experiences that enable passionate professionals. Our star product is the Everyday Visionary – a 12-week undated daily planner that has made an abnormally positive impact in our customers lives ever since we launched on Kickstarter in November of 2017. As our brand continues to grow, we are looking for passionate and hardworking humans to join our journey of enabling everyday visionaries.
About Your Role as our Social Media Manager
As the ZerModus Social Media Maven, you will be responsible for influencer strategy, content strategy, content creation, and execution as it relates to the overall social media strategy. Your days will largely consist of planning, creating and scheduling social media posts using Later.com with the goal of aggressively growing our following on each platform. In this role, you should also anticipate having ancillary Marketing and PR projects.
This Role Entails
55% Copywriting (for social posts, blog posts, and other marketing initiatives)
15% Social Media Strategy (grow a following that converts and has high engagement)
15% Influencer Strategy (identifying and executing relevant influencer partnerships)
15% PR Strategy (during product launches and other press-worthy initiatives)
A Day in the Life
(beginning of the week)
- Talk with the Team | to discuss what’s on tap for the week + set intentions for this week’s goals
- Editorial Calendar | Drafting (create first pass at upcoming social posts)
- Editorial Calendar | Collaborate and Review Copy + Creative (take notes)
- Post Scheduling | in Later.com and other necessary platforms
- Social Engagement | Daily human to human social engagement
- Influencer Outreach | Daily/weekly outreach to potential partners with aligned values
(middle-end of the week)
- Blog Post Writing | Weekly content creation for ZerThoughts blog and LinkedIn articles
- Blog Post Editing | Weekly content editing for The Collaborative blog featuring Everyday Visionaries
- Press Releases | Writing & pitching press releases to get relevant press coverage
- You have a Mac and you’ll never go back.
- You’ve researched our brand prior to submitting your resume because what we are doing resonates with you.
- You are one of those people who wakes up each day ready to conquer the world.
- You’re extremely social media savvy. You’ve grown up in the digital age and quite literally get followers in your sleep. You understand what people want in their feeds and the nuances of how that differs on each social media platform. You also have a very strong understanding of effective branded content strategies on these platforms:
- You get your work done quickly and you have new ideas all the time.
- You’ve mastered the art of the perfect post (most importantly on Instagram).
- You have a knack for catchy short-format copywriting (and the portfolio to back it up).
- You have a strong voice and eloquent language with a confident sense of humor.
- The content you create puts a stake in the ground and sticks in people’s minds long after scrolling through your feed.
- You’re constantly on the lookout for the latest growth hacks and the latest best practices in the ever-evolving social media landscape.
- You are forever curious about doing more of what works best and have the discipline to review analytics on a weekly basis and adjust strategy accordingly.
- Experience managing/growing the following for social media accounts that have achieved 10k or more followers.
- Social Media Specialist Certifications (Hootsuite, University courses, etc.)
- You use a daily planner and understand the importance of writing things down.
- Bonus points if you have experience being published in national publications.
- You’re plugged into communities both digitally and in-person.
- If you follow @jstlbby on Instagram, you are our people.
- If you are passive-aggressive, you won’t last long here. Ain’t nobody got time for that. If there’s an issue, communicate it in a timely manner and a respectful tone. If you can’t handle problem-solving or communicate effectively with others, you need to take the initiative to master those skills.
- Anyone who thinks it’s acceptable to say “That’s not my job.” when asked to do something outside of your primary area of focus. Your job is to help us grow the brand. We need people who are ready and willing to lend a hand whenever they are needed.